The scope of the professional services rendered by the Estate Surveyor and Valuer includes:
1. Valuation of interests in land and buildings for various purposes: sale, mortgage, insurance, acquisition, probate, stocks, and shares, balance sheet, taxation etc.
2. Valuation of plant and machinery, equipment, fixtures and fittings, stock-in-trade, furniture, motor vehicles, engineering installations/system and infrastructure.
3. Valuation of construction projects.
4. Valuation of oil and gas installations.
5. Valuation of aviation and navigation installations, including aircrafts, ships and vessels.
6. Valuation for compulsory acquisition and compensation purposes.
7. Feasibility/viability appraisal of planned development/project.
8. Estate agency property sales and leases.
9. Advice on property rights, acquisition and transfer
10. Building maintenance management
11. Project analyses and surveying
12. Property management and development
13. Infrastructure and facilities management
14. Land reform, Land registration, planning and analysis
15. Construction/project management
16. Project finance procurement and syndication
17. Environmental impact survey, analysis and valuation
18. Property inventory and audit
19. Asset management
The above list is not exhaustive as more functions of the Estate Surveyor and Valuer are created by statutes, business practices and development in the field of Estate Management/Land Economics from time to time.