BUSINESS ASSETS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VALUATION FACULTY
The need for intellectual property valuation:
- Large and growing share of intangible assets in company values;
- Accelerations in patent fillings and trademarks registration and
- Increased significance of accounting for intangible standards.
- What claims thus exist in cases where these rights have been breached, to be transferred or litigated
1. The world is becoming a global village which we need to contribute, and the critical need to sharpen our skill to be able to coordinate and supervise our practice.
2. This faculty is to chart innovations in the area of Business Assets and Intellectual Property valuation practice in Nigeria with collaboration with the Board in areas of Valuation standards, professional fees, and engagement of services amongst others etc.
3. We are to be the voice of our people and the public as well, by ensuring quality service delivery by our members.
COLLABORATION WITH STAKEHOLDERS/GOVERNMENT SUCH AS:
I. Nigerian Copyright Commission
II. Copy right Society of Nigeria
III. Judiciary/ Ministry of Justice
IV. Federal Inland Revenue
V. Intellectual Property Lawyers
VI. Bureau of Public Enterprise
VII. Financial Report Council of Nigeria
VIII. Ministry of commerce and industry
IX. Ministry of Finance
X. Central Bank of Nigeria
XI. Nigerian Stock Exchange
XII. National library
XIII. National University Commission (NUC)
XIV. Universities/ Polytechnics/ Colleges of Education
XV. Ministry of Information , Art and Culture
XVI. Society of Authors.
A. We will adopt the Branch Cells for effective communication and management of the Faculty It is necessary to create State cells that are vibrant to coordinate and build up data in their respective States.
B. This would enable the central management to package it into data bank for our use.
C. There shall be a Coordinator and a Secretary for the cells with a mandate to mobilize members who are active and known to the State chairman
D. The cells shall have their meetings in their various locations and report back to the Chairman of the Faculty via the Secretary. The Coordinators and secretaries shall attend joint meetings. The Email, Whatsapps, twitter, Linkedin and Facebook of the faculty shall be interactive.
E. We shall be collaborating with other organs of the Institution to drive home our thoughts that can be of huge benefits to our members and the Institution at large.
F. Our activities will continually be advertised in the Institutions website.
G. It was also agreed that we shall be having Regional Training/workshops and National Workshop; this would enable some of us not to total miss out of events.