ESTATE AGENCY AND MARKETING FACULTY
1) Foster unity among faculty members for the purpose of extending beneficial influence as we seek to raise the bar in real estate agency practice
2) To promote and maintain high standard of conduct among members in accordance with the code of ethics of our practice.
3) To seek and promote ways to improve the general knowledge of members as they engage in the practice of estate agency and marketing.
4) To develop and maintain relations between members of the faculty and also to provide a platform for the networking and exchanging of ideas and opinions.
5) To incorporate innovations offered by digital and online marketing to deepen and sharpen our skills at becoming the most innovative real estate agents for more business opportunities.
In line with the vision for the faculties to evolve strategies to stimulate development of business opportunities for members in addition to capacity building specialization and competency. We shall attempt to run the following programs in the course of this year 2017/2018.
1. MEMBERSHIP DRIVE:
The faculty is presently on a campaign to increase membership nationwide. We are presently reaching out to members across the state through the Chairmen of Branches and also direct discussion with some active and notable Estate Agency Practitioners in other regions of the country. There should be a deliberate strategy at ensuring that membership of the faculty have representations from other states.
2. TRAINING :
We shall be having training for our members monthly and we shall use the period of our scheduled 1st Thursday of every month for the meeting. Resource persons within and outside the institution would be invited to speak and train members in selected topics.
The training sessions would be covered by the News media while notes taken and paper delivered during the training sessions would be published quarterly as Newsletters for the generality of our members.
Some of the areas we shall be looking in our monthly meetings shall be but not limited to the following:
Structure and content of our offer letters in view of:
a) Emerging trends and revolution in the building industry
- Smart and next generation building
- Buildings powered by technology
This would provide an exclusive opportunity for our members to update their knowledge and expertise as well as examine in-depth applications offered by digitalisation in the building industry.
b) Tenancy - Structure and content of Tenancy Agreement - Requirements and critical review of matters such as alternative dispute resolutions, arbitration.
c) Titling: Offering members opportunity to learn how to process C of O, and other forms of titles.
d) Real Estate- Marketing; What is Marketing
- Lecture on Marketing - what is Marketing
- Traditional Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Creative Marketing
- Personal Marketing
- Tracking + Measuring success
e) Collaboration with Government Agencies on issues of Taxes, Rates, Land Use Charges etc.
3. ADVOCACY - RADIO PROGRAMME:
To enlighten the public on the prevalent and negative perception of our profession, we shall resuscitate the radio program and we shall on weekly basis project our institution by featuring our members to speak on the sub themes purposefully selected to enlighten the public on the roles of Estate Surveyors and Valuer. (We shall source for sponsorship since it requires huge resources).
Our members shall be encouraged to write articles on trendy topics for publication on regular basis. To this extent a subcommittee of Public Relations and Media shall be saddled with this responsibility.
5. RE-EMERGENCE OF MULTIPLE LISTING SERVICE - M.L.S
It is designed to provide an online platform where Estate firms under N.I.E.S.V can advertise their properties. We are prepared to change the Narrative as N.I.E.S.V have a duty to ensure that members of the public are provided a safe and secure portal to receive high quality information on real estate services.
It is intended that N.I.E.S.V M.L.S website would focus on all stages of the home life cycle incorporating all aspects of property Sales: Acquisition, Letting and Leasing.
The commitment will give shall be to empower clients and other stakeholders with unparallel data inspiration and knowledge and connecting them to our members who are the appropriate professionals to provide them with services.
We have opened up discussion with a website service provider based in south - Africa (Property24) who have been initially chosen to provide this service.
- M.L.S - GUIDELINES
- A Subcommittee has been set up to fashion out appropriate guidelines in line with our peculiar environment that will guide members as rules to observe and will be applicable to all subscribers to the M.L.S platform
Also a subcommittee is working on the practice codes for the faculty that would guide Estate Agency practitioners. RICS have accepted for the faculty to adopt their code of practice for Real Estate Agents.