LAND MANAGEMENT AND GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SERVICE
To create a robust, all-encompassing network and efficient/effective development of Land Administration/Management Information system capable of impacting positively on our profession/practice and land policies in Nigeria.
To position NIESV as a central hub for utilization of tools of Land Administration/Management and GIS for poverty alleviation and sustainable national development.
AIMS OF THE FACULTY:
- Encouraging specialization amongst members.
- Expanding the body of knowledge of the profession to deepen the knowledge and network base of members.
- Fostering new frontiers in this area of our specialization and prevent encroachment on same.
- Linking knowledge taught in our tertiary Institutions with that in practice and sending adequate feedback to the Institutions for their use.
- Linking professional practices to business development and engagement to the appreciation of the public/ clientele.
- To raise membership from willing and financial members.
- To encourage capacity building through relevant trainings, seminars, lectures etc
- To collaborate with NIESV and ESVARBON to provide certification to faculty members.
- To establish standards and ethics in the practice of Land Administration and GIS.
- To imbibe and domesticate International best practices in Land Administration and GIS.
- To produce Land Administration and GIS guidance notes for the Institution.
SCOPE OF COVERAGE:
- Land Administration
- Land Use Planning
- Land Titling and Registration
- Land Legislations/ regulations
- Land reforms
- Land and Property Taxation
- Urban Planning and Infrastructure Development.
- Geomatics and Spatial Data
- Cadastral Surveying.